To monitor access to your organization’s data, standard Microsoft systems only propose manual event log analysis. This very limited functionality leaves administrators having to decrypt hundreds or even thousands of events, attempting to retrieve those of interest; and therefore generates endless hours of non value added work as well as the risk of error or overlook.
On the other hand, with a simple right click in Windows explorer or from the console; FileAudit instantly gives an error ridden and comprehensive list of:
- read/write accesses
- appropriation attempts (accepted or denied)
- permission modification attempts (accepted or denied)
each record detailing:
- the user
- the domain
- the date and time of connection and disconnection
- a file
- a selection of files
- a folder and subfolders
- a selection of folders and subfolders
and gives you a very simple and efficient way of controlling the use made of your organization’s sensitive and confidential data.
How does FileAudit® work?
FileAudit is an administration console to be installed on a computer running Windows NT4, 2000, 2003, 2008 or XP.
The Audit object access needs to be enabled on the computers storing the files and folders to be analyzed.
No extra installation or agent deployment is necessary as all the actions are made using the files and folders context menus.
FileAudit can be used:
- from Windows explorer, as FileAudit is added to the file's and folder's context menu
- with it's own console
one only needs to:
- select a file, a group of files, a folder or a group of folders in the explorer, right-click and select FIleAudit
- Select the file(s) or folder(s) in FileAudit's console
to instantly display all access or acess atempt information
Why buy FileAudit® ?
Using FileAudit in your environment will bring you the following advantages:
- security for your confidential and sensitive data
- eradication of the workload related to data surveillance
- help toward your information systems compliance as to multiple international regulations and standards (HIPAA, Sarbane-Oxley, GLBA, NIST/FIPS, ITIL, COBIT, CISP, ISO 17799…)
- simplicity of use: context menu, agentless solution
- efficiency: instant display, multiple selections